Wuré Bukharè magilinri - Dish in sauce
|Preparation time :||30 min|
|Cooking time :||1 hr|
|Location :||Maritime Guinea|
|With :||Fish, Meat|
|Cooking method :||Hobs / Fire|
One of the most popular Guinean sauces! The marriage of the sweet potatoe’s leaves, smoked mackerel & palm oil give a delicious taste to this sauce.
Ingredients (For 6 serves)
60gr of leaves of Sweet potatoes
200gr of smoked fish (bonga or mackerel filet)
50cl of palm oil
350gr of minced meat
2 Maggi’s stock
5 to Okra
2 or 3 Onions
50gr of Sanfoui (dried shrimps) - optional
Salt (according to the taste)
1 hot Chilli Pepper
2 l of water (approximately)
- Pour the leaves into a bowl of water. Drain at once and put back in 2 litres of water in a stockpot.
- Bring it to boil for 5mn, then,
- Add in the stockpot the meat, fish (crumbled after removing the skin and fish bones) and the shrimps.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stirr it well and leave it cook complete absorption of water.
- Finely chop onions and add it in the sauce with magi stocks. Salt and add the chilli Pepper as you please.
- Wash and cut diakatou in two and add it in the pot.
- Stirr once again and pour in the palm oil.
- Simmer for few minutes and add previously sliced or grated fresh okras (you can replace it by the okra’s powder).
Make sure the sauce was salted to your taste before adding the Okras.
- Another 10-15 minutes simmering at low heat and it’s ready to serve with rice.
Tips and Tricks
To have a smooth sauce with the dried leaves, it is recommended to dip in water the leaves before cooking for at least one hour and even better overnight. Naturally, it is always better to make this sauce with fresh sweet potatoes’ leaves
It is usually served with rice, but you can also have it with kassava’s fufu.